- Wauwatosa/West Allis Apartments
- Downtown Milwaukee Apartments
- Lower East Side Apartments
- South Milwaukee Apartments
- Juneau Town Apartments
- Northwest Milwaukee Apartments
- Shorewood/Whitefish Bay Apartments
- Downtown Waukesha Apartments
- Murray Hill Apartments
- Riverwest Apartments
3,228 Apartments for Rent near Milwaukee, WI
1 / 45
1 / 135
1 / 149
1 / 50
1 / 137
1 / 76
1 / 56
1 / 14
1 / 15
1 / 15
1 / 17
1 / 130
1 / 29
1 / 64
1 / 122
1 / 23
1 / 21
1 / 38
1 / 19
1 / 89
1 / 23
1 / 143
1 / 148
1 / 87
1 / 96
Living & Renting in Milwaukee
Milwaukee, WI Apartments for Rent
Located on the shore of Lake Michigan, Milwaukee is a sprawling city known for its laid-back atmosphere and local breweries. From Lakefront Brewery to Milwaukee Brewing Company, there are plenty of local establishments to choose from. Restaurants, bars, cafes, and shops line the Milwaukee River and Lake Michigan. The University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee resides north of downtown, and nearby you’ll find the Milwaukee River Greenway, featuring fishing piers, abundant green space, multiuse trails, and opportunities to raft and kayak on the river. History, art, and science museums dot the city, including the Harley-Davidson Museum, the Milwaukee Art Museum, and the Milwaukee Public Museum, a modern anthropology and natural history museum. Catch a Brewers game at American Family Field, take the family to the Wisconsin State Fair, or admire the animal exhibits at the Milwaukee County Zoo. The entertainment opportunities in this city are endless. Light rail stations abound in the heart of the city, connecting commuters to surrounding areas. Interstates 43, 94, and 794 assist commuters as well. A plethora of apartments and condos await renters in Milwaukee that range from affordable to upscale.
- Take the family to experience the hands-on exhibits at Discovery World and Betty Brinn Children’s Museum
- Beloved attractions like the Milwaukee Art Museum, Milwaukee Public Museum, the Harley Davidson House, and Old World Wisconsin
- The National Recreation and Park Association award the Milwaukee County Park System a National Gold Medal Award in 2009 for excellence in park management
- Milwaukee is known nationally for its role in the beer industry, and Milwaukee Brewery is the oldest still-functioning major brewery in the country
- Located on the southwestern shore of Lake Michigan for sailing, windsurfing, and fishing
- Nicknamed the “City of Festivals” for its variety of ethnically themed festivals, the Wisconsin State Fair, and Summerfest, one of the largest music festivals in the world
Getting Around in Milwaukee
With a Transit Score of 48, Milwaukee has a few nearby public transportation options.
Milwaukee is somewhat walkable, some errands can be accomplished on foot, but you may need access to a car to get all places.
Milwaukee is bikeable with a 62 BikeScore, there is some bike infrastructure but not all areas are bikeable.
Education in Milwaukee
Milwaukee has 3 colleges nearby, including Marquette University, University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee and Milwaukee School of Engineering.
Renting in Milwaukee
Average size and rates
- Studio 416 Sq Ft $614 / mo
- 1 Bed 780 Sq Ft $998 / mo
- 2 Beds 864 Sq Ft $1,368 / mo
- 3 Beds 1,328 Sq Ft $2,139 / mo
- 4 Beds 1,306 Sq Ft $1,679 / mo
- 5 Beds 1,598 Sq Ft $1,497 / mo
Nearby Cities Average Rentsfor a 1 bedroom apartment
- Milwaukee $1283 / mo
- West Milwaukee $757 / mo
- Wauwatosa $1321 / mo
- Glendale $1186 / mo
- West Allis $932 / mo
- Shorewood $1456 / mo
- Brown Deer $900 / mo
- Elm Grove $1480 / mo
- Whitefish Bay $2160 / mo
- Greenfield $1030 / mo
- Greendale $940 / mo
- Brookfield $1378 / mo
- Saint Francis $670 / mo
- Fox Point $1410 / mo
- Mequon $1527 / mo
Frequently asked questions about renting in Milwaukee, WI
How transit friendly is Milwaukee, WI?
Milwaukee, WI has a transit score of 48.
What elementary schools are near Milwaukee, WI?
The top elementary schools in Milwaukee, WI are
- Howard Avenue Montessori School
What high schools are near Milwaukee, WI?
The top high schools in Milwaukee, WI are
- Ronald W. Reagan IB High School
- Rufus King International High School
- Milwaukee Marshall High School
What colleges and universities are near Milwaukee, WI?
The top colleges and universities in Milwaukee, WI are
- Marquette University
- University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee
- Milwaukee School of Engineering
- Medical College Of Wisconsin
- Milwaukee Area Technical College Downtown Milwaukee Campus
What are the average rent costs in Milwaukee, WI?
The average rent in Milwaukee, WI is $998.
What are the average rent costs of a studio apartment in Milwaukee, WI?
The average rent for a studio apartment in Milwaukee, WI is $614.
What are the average rent costs of a one bedroom apartment in Milwaukee, WI?
The average rent for a 1 bedroom apartment in Milwaukee, WI is $998.
What are the average rent costs of a two bedroom apartment in Milwaukee, WI?
The average rent for a 2 bedroom apartment in Milwaukee, WI is $1368.
What are the average rent costs of a three bedroom apartment in Milwaukee, WI?
The average rent for a 3 bedroom apartment in Milwaukee, WI is $2139.
What are the average rent costs of a four bedroom apartment in Milwaukee, WI?
The average rent for a 4 bedroom apartment in Milwaukee, WI is $1679.
3,228 Apartments for Rent near Milwaukee, WI
About Our Deals
Apartment Finder utilizes the industry's largest and most complete database of real-time rents and availabilities to help you find an amazing deal on your next rental.
Apartment communities change their rental rates all the time – sometimes multiple times a day. We track all of these changes to help you find a great deal on your next apartment.
We call a unit "Best Value" if it is in a high-quality building (three star or above) that has units that are priced significantly less than similar apartments in the same area.
Apartment communities regularly advertise deals for new residents. Maybe it's a free TV or discounted rent. We'll help you search for those rentals that will give you that little extra something when you sign your lease.
Note: Based on community-supplied data and independent market research. Subject to change without notice.